Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Birthday

I can't believe I'm 29 already! After high school time sure flies! But I couldn't be happier with where I am in my life. I have a great husband, beautiful little boy, a good job that lets me work from home and a comfortable house. My birthday was actually April 26th but I'm just getting around to this post. I was hoping for some pictures from our dinner out (hint hint Janelle) but haven't gotten them yet. I'll just post them later. On Friday night we went out to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law, Jen and Brandon to PF Changs. It was delish!
Saturday we helped Eddie and Gio move into their new house, well Chad helped and I "supervised". We all went to dinner later that night. The original plan was to go to the Cheesecake Factory but because we have such a large group the wait was ridiculous. I called at 5:00pm to see how long the wait would be if I were to come in right then and put our name on the list since the plan was for everyone to meet there at 7pm. They told me it would be 2 1/2-3 hours so I sent my friend Kate down there to put our name on the list. By the time she got there (only 20 minutes later), the wait was 3 1/2 - 4 hours!!! So we bagged that and went to Chili's. Adam and Tammy, Amy and Manny, Ryan and Janelle, Kate and Scott, me and Chad and Eddie and Gio (when they finally got there ;) but we understood since they'd been moving all day!). We seem to all get together for birthdays mostly which leads to loud, long conversations and dirty looks from the waiters because we stay so long and hold up their table. It's always a fun time!
Sunday, my actual birthday, Chad and I grabbed lunch after church and then went to see the Disney Earth movie with Ryan and Janelle. It was very cool but sad with all the baby animals dying. I think Janelle may have cried a little ;). My mother and father in law were both sick all weekend so they took Chad and I to dinner on Monday.
I got a couple gift cards to Torrid, one to Barnes and Noble and my mom bought me a dress from Torrid that I've been wanting for months. I bought a new swimsuit with my gift cards:I've been doing the P90X workouts for the last 2 months and I can definitely see that it's making a difference. Just the fact that I'm okay posting this picture says a lot! :D Here's a picture of the dress too. I actually bought a size smaller than I am right now as motivation to keep up the workouts but I was surprised that it fit so well. Chad loves it and I do too!

All in all, I had a pretty good birthday! Next year I'll be celebrating my 30th in Prague! :D

2 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! We were happy to come celebrate with you. Here is to our last year in our twenties!!! You look great! Keep up the hard work with those workouts.

Ryan and Janelle said...

I DID cry. That baby elephant...and the daddy polar bear...I just couldn't handle it! I have a tender heart! haha...sometimes :) Glad your bday was awesome - and I will try to get the pictures up tonight!! Sorry - I am very behind on blogging etc....