Friday, May 8, 2009

Bathroom

I've been meaning to post this for a while but just haven't gotten around to it. Three years ago, we had a little flood in our house thanks to the swamp cooler. There was a leak in the line and the water ran down the wall and came through the ceiling in our downstairs bathroom. It was the day we set up the swamp cooler and after we had finished we out to run some errands (or something). When we came home I went into the bathroom and noticed that there was water on the floor. But the dog's water bowl was in there so I didn't think much of it until I noticed that there was water dripping from the ceiling. I yelled for Chad and grabbed a towel to dry things up. I dabbed at the ceiling with the towel and my hand went through it and water came pouring out. Haha too bad I don't have pictures of that! We of course had to rip out part of the ceiling and also the wall. For probably 2 years we didn't even have dry wall up in the bathroom, just exposed beams and insulation. Chad finally was able to get the wall up but it still remained unfinished. So now three years after the "flood" the bathroom is done! Chad actually finished it a couple months ago and it looks fantastic! I just had to share, mostly for my parents and grandparents since they've seen it in construction phase but never completed.


I think it's one of my favorite paint jobs that we've done. Yes, it's all paint, Chad did an amazing job on the stripes. After ripping all the wall paper out of this house, I don't ever want to put it back in again. Only one room left with wall paper and it's coming out soon!

2 comments:

Condie Family said...

looks great!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Congrats!! It really does look fantastic! And I remember that day when it happened. Glad it is finally repaired.