Friday, November 9, 2007

Growing up Chad

I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on March 30, 1981. I was born 12 weeks early and I have a twin brother. Due to being born so early I experienced some expected health issues but my brother and I recovered fully and have no lasting effects. In fact my brother and I are considered "miracle babies" and when I was 9 or so we were on the Children's Miracle Network telethon for Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. I have lived in the surrounding area my entire life. My parents are Scott and Teresa and from a very early age they taught me the importance of family and there is nothing more important to me. Along with my twin brother I have a younger sister Jennifer. My childhood was what I would call farely normal. I did most of the typical things that children do. When I was five we moved to West Jordan, Utah and that's where most of my childhood memories begin. Right away I met who would become my best friend and who is still my best friend 21 years later. His family and mine became very close, like family and we did everything together. Growing up we spent all kinds of time outdoors and I quickly grew to love anything in the mountains such as camping, hunting, and fishing. We took many camping trips to the mountains in Utah and I experienced some of my fondest memories on these trips. We also went frequently to places like Yellowstone and Durango, Colorado as well as Disneyland. We loved to travel and that love continues for me today. I love all sports especially golf, basketball, and soccer. I played soccer and basketball competitively through Middle School. Golf was more of a hobby but one that I love dearly to this day. I stopped playing sports competitively in high school and was what my wife calls a "nerd" I'm okay with that though because I was able to concentrate fully on school. I was an honor roll student and I lettered in academics as a Sophomore. My love in school became architecture and computer aided drafting. I studied it with a passion and I excelled. I was able to be an active member in VICA and I competed in regional competitions as a Junior and a Senior in architectural drafting. It became my calling and today I own my own home design firm, Legacy Custom Home Design. After high school I attended Salt Lake Community College and studied Architecture. When I was 23 I met the love of my life and new best friend, Brittany. We only dated for 6 months before we married and it has been wonderful to this point except that we have been unable to have a child. (obviously). I know my entry is shorter then Brittany's but if I kept going it would turn into a novel and I'm sure I will post more soon.

No comments: