Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Singin' in the Rain

The weather has been so sporadic here in Utah the last two months that poor Tristan is about to go crazy! It will be gorgeous one day and snowing the next. I personally love the spring rain storms but am not happy about the snow. The other day we had quite the rain storm including thunder/lightning and hail. I LOVE thunderstorms and I really don't want my kids to be scared of them so instead of sitting inside cuddled up and worrying about the noisy thunder, I let Tristan put on his (adorable) fireman's raincoat and Ironman boots (which I took a lot of mocking for for buying) and grab his umbrella to go play in the rain. We stood under our patio while the hail came flying out of the air and Tristan loved that he could grab some of it and eat it. I showed Tristan the lightning and how every time he saw the flash that the thunder would soon follow so he got really excited and kept watching for it. Every time it's rained since he asks to go out to "see the thunder". As you can see, he had quite a fun time running around in the rain and we had to bribe him to come back inside and get warmed up.
He wanted to get his hair wet so he kept getting out from under the umbrella.
Showing off his awesome outfit
LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!

4 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

So CUTE!!! Love that jacket. Hate spring in UT. :)

Tammy Anderson said...

Playing in the rain is one of the best things about being a kid! What a cutie!

Heather and Jake said...

Hey, it's Heather! I saw that you commented on Natalie's post, so I came on over to yours. :) That's fun, I always love finding blogs of people I know. Cute pictures!

biningshao said...

Microsoft Office 2007 offers innovative and flexible ways to bring people together. Office 2007 technologies and features help you easily share your files and keep up with your communications.