Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year... New Life

Where has the time gone? I can't believe it's 2009 already! New Year's Eve this year was probably one of the most laid back, boring New Year's Eves I've ever had but it was one of the best. Chad wasn't feeling well so we just stayed home and watched LOST (so addicted) and spent time together, just our little family. It was fantastic!
As the new year starts, I can't help but think about how different our lives are from last year. We're parents now! I love being Mommy to this beautiful little boy. Haha even if it feels like he's eating 24/7. Tristan is so sweet and happy. I melt whenever he smiles at me. I thought I would be going stir-crazy being on maternity leave but I never did. I started back to work yesterday and really didn't want to. It was so hard! And I work from home! I can only imagine how hard it is for women who don't work at home, like my sister. We tried putting Tristan in his crib for the first time last night (it only lasted a few hours) and I could not fall asleep. I cried myself to sleep finally. I missed cuddling him to sleep and it just felt weird to not have him sleeping next to me. He's currently sleeping in his bassinet that is sitting next to my desk. I'm hoping that if he gets used to sleeping in there and I can let him fuss himself back to sleep without worrying about him waking up Chad, then I can transfer him to the crib soon without too much stress on either one of us.
We took Tristan to his 2 month check-up last Friday and the kid is a tank! His whole first month he didn't gain weight, we were fighting to get him back up to his birth-weight. He's definitely made up for it now. He was 13lbs, 2oz and 24 inches long. He's in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. The pediatrician told us to try and hold off until 4 months before giving him cereal but she said we'll probably end up having to start supplementing next month. He is hungry all the time and eats between 4 and 6 oz. each time. He's in 3-6 months clothes already and almost into stage 3 diapers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, it's not like Chad and I would have a small child since we're both so tall.

So excited for the Utes Bowl Game

Rocky loves him just as much as we do... sometimes too much! Sorry the pic's so bad, it's just from my phone. There was no camera available at the time and it was too cute to pass up.


Look at that toothless smile and the chubby cheeks! Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Wow, he IS a tank! haha, so sweet! Well, I'm glad you guys had a nice new years eve, but I still wish you could have come out with us :( oh well! Next year! xoxo

Unknown said...

He is so cute!! I need to come see you guys and the little guy of course!!!