Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's a Boy!!



I'll spare you the "boy" shot but that little skeletor grinning at you is a boy! When I first found out I was pregnant we told Tristan and asked him if it was a baby brother or baby sister and he's been adamant that it's a baby sister. I've gotten so used to the idea of the baby being a sister that I'm still trying to get used to it being a boy. But I'm excited! I always said that I would be happy with all boys because I'm afraid of the payback I might get with a teenage girl ;) Tristan seems pretty indifferent that he's going to have a brother. He keeps asking to see the pictures though and thinks he's funny. The pictures aren't that clear because he is a wiggler and did not want to hold still. Dang children!
If you've followed my blog from the beginning you know that we struggled for a long time with infertility. So when we started trying for the 2nd one I hoped it would happen quickly but was resigned to the fact that it might take a while. But miraculously we got pregnant with this baby the first month of "trying". Needless to say we're so happy and excited.
Right now this little one is due July 4th but that due date could change. He's measuring about a week and a half further along then they originally thought so I have to go back in a month for another ultrasound so they can measure him again. I'd be happy if I could have him earlier in the summer, rather than later but either way works.

4 comments:

Allie said...

congrats! I had the same feeling when I found out I was having a boy. I was 100% sure I was having another girl! It took a while to get used to the boy (wait....have I gotten used to it?) And I was the same way with Jax. Fertility and miscarriage before Jade and pregnant first try with Jax. Now we are back to the fertility issues. I am a firm believer they come when they are supposed to! Congrats again. We are so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Another cute, fun, crazy little boy! I'm so excited for you! Having two of the same is the best! Congrats!

Tammy Anderson said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Tristan will love having a playmate!

Natalie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! How fun to have 2 little boys!